I am SO EXCITED about our newest contest!
A couple of months ago Keri Funkhouser, Communications Specialist at Discover Goodwill, contacted me and said they appreciated all the positive posts we’ve done about shopping at Goodwill. She then offered us a $25 gift card every month for the next year to use on our makeover contests…Well, this got us to thinking and long story short, we’ve teamed up with a few more generous people to make our first contest, using Discover Goodwill’s gift card, even more special!
Thanking those that sacrifice so much for us!
So here’s the scoop….we’re opening this particular contest (starting today, Wednesday, September 5th and running through Wednesday, September 12th) to military women….whether you’re active, retired or married to someone in the military. We know that it’s tough being separated from a loved one or serving our country out of dedication and not with the thought of making tons of money! We appreciate all you do and for the sacrifices you make…all to help keep us safe!
All you have to do to enter the contest is tell us why you (or someone you know) needs/deserves a makeover in a comment below. Our winner will be picked randomly because I know everyone’s going to have a great reason they need this and I can’t “judge” one reason to be better than another! *This is for the Colorado Springs area only.
The winner will receive the following-
- A FREE shopping spree with me at Discover Goodwill to find you a fabulous outfit (worth up to $25).
- A FREE hair cut or style from Ron Rather at Genesis Hair Salon!
- A FREE consultation and makeup makeover from Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, Teresa Schmitt!
- A FREE lunch at The Cliff House in Manitou Springs ($25 gift card).
- AND a piece of beautiful piece of Lia Sophia jewelry, compliments of Barb Cobleigh!
- AND the winner will be featured on KKTV’s Moms Everyday on Thursday, September 27th!!! (The winner would meet me at the KKTV studio at 8:30 am).
*I just have to add this about Barb. She’s the office manager at KKTV and when she heard me talking to Jen (host of Moms Everyday) about the contest, she told me the outfit she had on was from Goodwill (and she looked beautiful). She so believes in what we’re doing and loved the fact that our first contest was for militay women that she offered some Lia Sophia jewelry to the pot….what a nice thing to do!
We of course will want to take pictures and/or video of the process and post it on our website.
Free clothes, hairstyle, makeup makeover, jewelry, fine dining and a chance to feel like a “TV celebrity”!!!
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO IS HELPING US DO THIS!